Sunday 19 November 2017

Praying the Armour of God

Mighty Lord,

As I go into battle today, help me to stand strong in your power and not in my own skill, strength or ability. I go into battle with your breastplate of righteousness. I thank you that though I was once your enemy, I am now your precious child. I thank you that whatever happens to me today, I can call on you as my perfect, loving heavenly Father. I go into battle with your belt of truth. The truth of the gospel that told me that I was a rebel against you, but also showed me the Lord Jesus – my salvation. I thank you that that truth is secure and bound fast, it will not slip or change. I go into battle with shoes of gospel readiness. I thank you that your gospel, is not a side show, or irrelevant to our modern world. I thank you that it speaks to my greatest need and the greatest need of everyone I meet today. I go into battle with your shield of faith. I thank you that I can totally trust you, that you are my rock, my refuge and my salvation. I thank you that because I am your child, you will never abandon me. I go into battle with your helmet of salvation. I thank you that whatever I have done and whatever I do, the sacrifice of Jesus has paid for every one of my sins and so I am safe. I thank you that nothing can separate me from your love in Christ Jesus and that the Devil will never finally win. I thank you that on the last day, I will stand. I go into battle with your sword firmly in my hands. I thank you for the Bible. I thank you that I first learned about Jesus because of it and I know Him more and more through it. May I never lose my grip on it, or exchange it for something else. Though at times I find it heavy in my hand or its blade seems dangerous to me, may I know that those very things are what give it power. May your Spirit use it in my hands to do your work.


At the end of today Lord, in your strength, I pray that I may stand on the battlefield – without being frightened in any way by the shouts and hollers of the enemy.

Amen

For the sermon on the Armour of God click here

No comments:

Post a Comment